Which web app development platform should you choose – UI Bakery or Bubble? Both offer similar features, but there are some key differences that may make one more suited to your needs than the other. In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each platform to help you decide which is right for you.
What is UI Bakery and what is Bubble?
UI Bakery is a low-code platform that allows you to create user interfaces and prototypes and web applications without having to write a lot of code. Bubble is a visual programming platform that allows you to create web and mobile applications without having to write any code. Both platforms are great for those who want to create something quickly and without having to learn how to code.
Key differences between UI Bakery and Bubble
- UI Bakery is a low-code platform that allows you to create user interfaces and prototypes without having to write a lot of code. Bubble is a visual programming platform that allows you to create web and mobile applications without having to write any code.
- UI Bakery uses a drag-and-drop interface, which makes it easy to use for those who are not familiar with coding. Bubble uses a visual programming language, which makes it easy to use for those who are not familiar with coding.
- UI Bakery offers more features than Bubble, such as the ability to create custom plugins and themes, and access to a library of pre-built components. Bubble offers a limited number of features, but it is easy to use and learn.
- UI Bakery is a paid platform, while Bubble is a free platform and has a paid plan.
- UI Bakery offers a free trial, while Bubble does not have a free trial model.
- UI Bakery has a growing community of users who can help you with your project, while Bubble have a established community forum of users.
- UI Bakery is available in English, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese, while Bubble is available in English only.
- UI Bakery has a more sophisticated interface than Bubble.
Pros of UI Bakery over Bubble
UI Bakery has a number of advantages over Bubble, including:
- A more intuitive interface that is easier to use
- More flexibility in terms of design and functionality
- The ability to create custom widgets and components
- A richer set of features and tools
Overall, UI Bakery provides a more powerful and flexible platform for creating interactive web applications for internal use within a team and organization.
Cons of UI Bakery compared to Bubble
- Lack of support for native mobile apps -While Bubble offers a way to export your app as a native iOS or Android app, UI Bakery currently only supports web applications. This may be a deal breaker for some people who want to create a truly multi-platform application.
- Less flexibility in design – UI Bakery uses pre-made blocks and element libraries to help you quickly put together an interface. However, this means that you have less control over the exact look and feel of your app. If you’re very particular about your app’s design, Bubble may give you more freedom to achieve the perfect aesthetic.
- No built-in database – Unlike Bubble, UI Bakery does not come with a built-in database. This means that if you want to use UI Bakery to create a data-driven app, you’ll need to set up and connect to an external database yourself. This can add some complexity (and cost) to your development process.
Pros of Bubble over UI Bakery
- Bubble is a code-free platform, which makes it more user-friendly for those who are not familiar with coding
- With Bubble, you can create a working prototype faster than with UI Bakery
- Bubble has a large community of users and developers, which UI Bakery lacks
- The pricing of Bubble is more flexible than UI Bakery’s
- UI Bakery’s drag-and-drop interface is not as user-friendly as Bubble’s
- UI Bakery’s free plan is more limited than Bubble
Cons of Bubble compared to UI Bakery
The cons of Bubble compared to UI Bakery are as follows:
- Bubble is more expensive than UI Bakery when it comes to scaling
- Bubble has a more complex interface than UI Bakery for beginners
- Bubble lacks some features that are available in UI Bakery for team and enterprise apps
Situations when UI Bakery is preferred over Bubble
When it comes to choosing a platform for building your app, you have many options available. Two of the most popular platforms are UI Bakery and Bubble. So, which one should you choose?
There are several factors to consider when making this decision.
- If you’re looking for a platform that is more flexible and customizable, then UI Bakery may be the better option. With UI Bakery, you have access to a wider range of components and features that you can use to build your app exactly the way you want.
- UI Bakery offers a more intuitive interface. Bubble, on the other hand, can be somewhat confusing for first-time users. UI Bakery’s interface is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- UI Bakery is a more affordable option than Bubble. If you’re on a budget, then UI Bakery may be the better choice for you.
Of course, there are also some disadvantages to using UI Bakery. One downside is that it can be challenging to find skilled developers who are familiar with the platform. This can make it difficult to get help when you encounter problems or bugs.
Another potential drawback of UI Bakery is that it doesn’t have as large of a community as Bubble. This means there are fewer resources available if you need help or support.
Ultimately, the decision of which platform to use comes down to your specific needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a more flexible and customizable platform, then UI Bakery may be the better option.
Situations when Bubble is preferred over UI Bakery
1. When you need to quickly prototype an app or MVP
Bubble is a great platform for quickly prototyping an app or MVP. The visual programming interface makes it easy to build out complex interactions and workflows without having to write any code. This can be a huge time-saver when you’re trying to get your product off the ground quickly.
2. When you need more control over the look and feel of your app
If you’re looking for more control over the look and feel of your app, Bubble is a good choice. With its drag-and-drop interface, you can easily customize the design of your app to match your branding guidelines. You can also add custom CSS to further customize the look and feel of your app.
3. When you need to build an app with complex interactions
Bubble is a great platform for building apps with complex interactions. The visual programming interface makes it easy to build out sophisticated workflows without having to write any code. This can be a huge time-saver when you’re trying to get your product off the ground quickly.
4. When you need to integrate with third-party services
If you need to integrate with third-party services, Bubble is a good choice. With its built-in support for dozens of popular APIs, it’s easy to connect your app to the services you need. Bubble also offers a marketplace of pre-built integrations, so you can get up and running quickly.
5. When you need to build an app for a specific industry
If you’re looking to build an app for a specific industry, Bubble is a good choice. With its industry-specific templates and workflows, it’s easy to get started building an app for your business. Bubble also offers a marketplace of pre-built integrations, so you can get up and running quickly.
UI Bakery vs Bubble Summary
UI Bakery and Bubble are two site builder platforms that offer different benefits depending on your needs. UI Bakery is best for those who want more control over their design and code, while Bubble is better for users who need an easier to use platform with less coding required. While both have pros and cons, it’s important to carefully consider which platform will work better for you based on your goals and skillset. If you still have questions about which platform is right for you, leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to answer.