If you’re a freelancer or someone looking to hire one, you’ve probably heard of Fiverr and PeoplePerHour. These two online platforms are popular marketplaces for freelancers to showcase their skills and connect with potential clients. But which platform is right for you? In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the pros and cons of Fiverr and PeoplePerHour. We’ll compare fees, gig options, user experience, and more to help you make an informed decision on which platform to use. So, whether you’re a freelancer looking for the best place to showcase your skills or a client looking to hire someone for a project, read on to learn more about Fiverr vs PeoplePerHour.
What is Fiverr and what is PeoplePerHour?
Fiverr is an online marketplace where freelancers can offer their services to customers all over the world. It is a great platform for entrepreneurs and small businesses looking to outsource tasks quickly and cost-effectively. PeoplePerHour is a similar platform, but it is focused more on longer-term projects and offers a more curated selection of freelancers. It is great for businesses looking for a higher quality of service and more complex projects.
Key differences between Fiverr and PeoplePerHour
- Payment Method: Fiverr allows payment through PayPal or credit/debit cards while PeoplePerHour allows payment through PayPal, Stripe, or bank transfers.
- Quality of Services: Fiverr is known for providing services at a lower cost but with a lower quality of service compared to PeoplePerHour.
- Pricing: On Fiverr, services generally start at $5 while on PeoplePerHour services start at around $30 and can go up depending on the type of service and size of the project.
- Fee Structure: Fiverr takes a 20% fee for every purchase, but PeoplePerHour takes a 3% fee on each payment, plus a 20% fee for projects over $300.
- Service Categories: Fiverr offers services in over 100 categories while PeoplePerHour offers services in over 20 categories.
Key similarities between Fiverr and PeoplePerHour
- Both Fiverr and PeoplePerHour are freelance marketplaces, allowing users to search for and hire freelancers for projects.
- Both platforms offer a variety of job categories for freelancers, ranging from digital marketing and web design to translations and programming.
- Fiverr and PeoplePerHour both feature ratings and reviews from past clients that allow employers to make informed decisions when selecting a freelancer for a project.
- Both platforms offer a variety of payment options, including credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- Both Fiverr and PeoplePerHour provide a secure, reliable platform for freelancers and employers to conduct business.
Pros of Fiverr over PeoplePerHour
- Fiverr offers more competitive rates than PeoplePerHour, allowing freelancers to earn more for the same amount of work.
- Fiverr offers a wide selection of services, from creative to technical, allowing freelancers to find a niche that suits their skillset.
- Fiverr offers a streamlined ordering and payment process, making it easy for buyers to access the services they need quickly.
- Fiverr allows for more flexibility when it comes to negotiating terms and setting up payment plans.
- Fiverr has a larger global community of freelancers, giving buyers a greater pool of talent to choose from.
What are the 5 cons of Fiverr compared to PeoplePerHour
- Fiverr is not always suitable for complex projects, whereas PeoplePerHour allows for longer-term and more complex projects.
- Fiverr does not offer direct communication with freelancers, whereas PeoplePerHour does.
- Fiverr may have a larger selection of services and freelancers, but the quality of service may not be as high as on PeoplePerHour. You may have to do more research to find the right freelancer.
- Lastly, Fiverr does not have a fixed pricing system, so it’s more difficult to compare prices between freelancers.
- Fiverr may be more prone to fake reviews and ratings, making it difficult to get an accurate picture of a freelancer’s skill level.
- Fiverr has a lower level of quality assurance than PeoplePerHour.
Pros of PeoplePerHour over Fiverr
- PeoplePerHour offers more protection for both buyers and sellers with its escrow-based payment system, guaranteeing sellers will get paid for their work and buyers will receive the work they pay for.
- PeoplePerHour provides a higher level of customer service with a dedicated support team to handle any complaints or issues that arise.
- PeoplePerHour offers buyers more flexibility by allowing them to negotiate with their chosen freelancers and make changes to the scope of work during the project.
- PeoplePerHour offers more detailed profiles for freelancers, allowing buyers to see a freelancer’s experience and skills before hiring them.
- PeoplePerHour has stricter guidelines for freelancers to ensure they are providing quality work and upholding the standards of the platform.
Cons of PeoplePerHour compared to Fiverr
- Peopleperhour charges a higher commission fee than Fiverr.
- Peopleperhour has a more limited selection of services than Fiverr.
- Peopleperhour does not have a built-in messaging system like Fiverr.
- Peopleperhour does not have a mobile app like Fiverr.
- Peopleperhour does not have the same level of customer support as Fiverr.
Situations when Fiverr is better than PeoplePerHour
- Fiverr offers a wide range of services, from logo design to writing and programming, which makes it easier to find the service you need.
- Fiverr has a more competitive pricing structure than PeoplePerHour, making it easier to get a better deal.
- Fiverr offers a larger pool of professionals to choose from, making it easier to find the right expert for your project.
- Fiverr offers a variety of payment options, including PayPal, debit cards, and credit cards, making it easier to pay for the services you need.
- Fiverr offers its users the ability to leave feedback and reviews, which allows buyers to make an informed decision when selecting a service provider.
Situations when PeoplePerHour is better than Fiverr
- When you’re looking for a long-term relationship with a freelancer.
PeoplePerHour offers its clients the option to hire freelancers for both one-time projects and long-term contracts. It’s a great way to find someone for an ongoing project, or for a series of projects that may extend over a longer period of time.
- When you need a professional who specializes in a certain area.
PeoplePerHour offers a range of specialized freelancers, from web developers to graphic designers and more. This means you can find a freelancer with the exact skillset you need for your project.
- When you want to pay for quality.
PeoplePerHour has a reputation for offering quality services, and their freelancers tend to be more experienced and skilled than those on Fiverr. This means you’re more likely to get a quality product for your money.
- When you need to hire a freelancer from a specific country.
PeoplePerHour offers the ability to search for freelancers from specific countries, so you can find someone who speaks the same language or is located in the same region as your target audience.
- When you need a reliable freelancer.
PeoplePerHour allows you to read reviews of freelancers before you hire them, so you can find out if they’re reliable and trustworthy. This allows you to make an informed decision when hiring someone.
Fiverr vs PeoplePerHour Summary
Both Fiverr and PeoplePerHour have their own unique pros and cons. Fiverr offers a vast pool of freelancers and a user-friendly interface, while PeoplePerHour has a more personalized approach to connecting freelancers with clients and offers lower fees. Ultimately, the choice between these two platforms comes down to your individual needs and preferences as a freelancer or client. Before making a decision, consider factors such as the type of projects you want to work on, your budget, and the level of support you need. By weighing the pros and cons of each platform, you can make an informed decision that will help you achieve your freelancing or hiring goals.